In a work camp, international volunteers come together to assist a local community with a project and are prepared to live and work in a communal environment. Work camp is a great way to make new friends, complete a meaningful project and increase international understanding. An international work camp helps to bring a group of people of diverse backgrounds, ages, and nationalities together for the better result. The participants learn a lot about various cultures, environment and different aspects of development. ECCA has been conducting various International Work Camps in different parts of Nepal in partnership with different organizations.
- To promote volunteering as an expression of civic contribution
- To support the community initiatives and assist in community development
- To build tolerance and understanding in multicultural and multi-ethnic surroundings
- To promote multi understanding among youth all over the world
- To facilitate the individual growth of the volunteers through the acquisition of work, life and learning skills
- To strengthen local initiatives (different knowledge, skill and exposure)