School Nature clubs – Briefs
- Independent Group formed in the school with the participation of the students' from grade 6-9.
- Group that conduct programmes for the betterment of the surrounding environment and take a leading role to conduct different awareness activities for nature conservation.
- A voluntary group which promotes the participation of students in learning about, and improving their environment.
- Group that encourage students to share their knowledge and skill among their peers in country and abroad.
- Students' networking in order to enhance environmental conservation, peace and harmony
- Platform that build relationship among students, teachers, parents, school management and community.
- Improved school environment
- Increased awareness level and better understanding on environmental issues
- Increased consciousness on health and sanitation, waste management
- Positive impression of schools on community
- Creation of good network / relationship among school, community and different agencies
- Positive behavior change among students
- Developed learning skill
- Increased status / portfolio of school
- Students encouraged to study, practice and undertake environment activities
- Students encouraged to share their knowledge and skill
- Activities complementary to their environmental education curriculum
- Active teachers
Characteristics of the students involved in the Nature Club
(based on research conducted in 2004)
- Leadership quality
- Good communication practice
- Conscious about environmental aspects
- Self motivated
- Good teamwork
- Good organizational skill
- Active and participative